Youth AdvancedDevelopment Academy – U10 to U14
This is an introductory program that will look to assess and improve the current passing skills and decision-making of the players involved.
The program focuses on the introduction, assessment and refinement of core passing skills and decision-making under pressure. This program will definitely improve your son/daughter’s understanding of the technical nature of Skill Acquisition and mechanics of consistency and execution.
All sessions will be delivered by our talented Academy coaching staff as well as guest coach appearances from the National Level and Provincial Level programs.
Youth Advanced Academy Includes:
- 8 or 16 weeks of Skill Training and Acquisition utilizing the latest methods, and technology to provide concise, accurate feedback for each athlete;
- Each week, athletes participate in focused skill development through specific technical progressions with some of the country’s best skill assessment and development coaches.
- Athletes benefit from weekly tactical experience in game-based scenarios and situations
- Athletes play a variety of modified games in order to best facilitate learning and development
Program Options Include:
- Athletes registered in our Youth Advanced Academy have the option to participate in weekly Functional Strength training sessions
- One in-person introductory session in 1:8 coach to athlete ratio
- Two online (synchronous) delivered by strength coach
- Training is provided by highly reputable and knowledgeable coaches, each of whom brings their own impressive résumé of high-performance strength training and conditioning.
Speed • Agility • Quickness
- Quality SAQ programming delivered by some of Ontario’s best speed coaches
- Emphasis on acceleration, deceleration, and change of direction as well as uni-lateral movement, and recruitment of posterior chain.
This is the only program of its nature in Canada and is guaranteed to improve the performance, skills and knowledge of your son/daughter.
- Winter Pre-Season Youth Advanced PDP
- 8 weeks of skills once a week (Thurs)
- 16 weeks of strength and conditioning 3x a week
- One in-person workout
- Two take-home workouts
- Mobility program
Program Coordinator: Tyler Leggatt (Lead Director, Upright Rugby Canada)
Lead Instructor(s): Kevin Vertkas: Former Canada U20 Captain and Andrew Ferguson: Toronto Arrows, Rugby Canada NSMT