Junior Gryphon’s Academy – U12, U14, U16, and U18
This is an introductory program that will look to assess and improve the current passing skills and decision-making of the players involved.
The program focuses on the introduction, assessment and refinement of core passing skills and decision-making under pressure. This program will definitely improve your son/daughter’s understanding of the technical nature of Skill Acquisition and the mechanics of consistency and execution.
All sessions will be delivered by OUA CHAMPION University of Guelph coaching staff as well as guest coach appearances Gryphons players!
Junior Gryphon’s Academy Includes:
- Skill Training and Acquisition
- 8 sessions total, utilizing the latest methods, and technology to provide concise, accurate feedback for each athlete;
- Each week, athletes participate in a two-hour focused skill development through specific technical progressions delivered by current University of Guelph coaches and players and supported by Upright Rugby staff.
- Athletes benefit from weekly tactical experience in game-based scenarios and situations
- Athletes play a variety of modified games in order to best facilitate learning and development
This is the only program of its nature in Canada and is guaranteed to improve the performance, skills and knowledge of your son/daughter.
Player Development Program:
- 8 OR 16 Week Options
- Block A: Saturday, Nov 4th to Saturday, Dec 23rd
- Block B: Saturday, Jan 6th to Saturday, Mar 9th
Program Coordinator: U of G coaches: Gary Robinson, and Colette McAuley, in collaboration with Tyler Leggatt (Lead Director, Upright Rugby Canada)
Instructor(s): Current University of Guelph varsity athletes